10 Mobile App Tips for Your Local Business
The world is becoming increasingly app-friendly, especially due to the number of people who own Smartphones. Therefore, all businesses should at least investigate whether or not an app will be a good addition to their marketing funnel.
Mobile applications are simple, yet sometimes complex software that make life easy for mobile phone users. It is important to note that just creating an app and throwing it online does not mean that it will work towards growing your business.
In fact, after developing and launching an app to the public, many business owners quickly find out that perfect app they “thought” they had is a flop. Even though they’ve invested a lot of time and money, they go right back to the drawing board.
Therefore, before you embark on the mobile app journey, you need to have a solid plan in place to cover all aspects of your app – from development to marketing.
However, you probably don’t know where to begin when it comes to creating and marketing mobile apps in a way that will generate more local leads, customers, and sales for your business. But, the fact is that a solid, professional mobile application can truly help your business generate more profits.
Below are 10 Mobile App Tips for Your Local Business to keep in mind that will help you succeed with your mobile applications journey:
1. Be Prepared by Developing a Plan – The world of mobile applications is extremely competitive. You have to plan ahead to avoid some of the pitfalls that can come with a failed app. To be on the safe side, you should conduct thorough research before you start developing your app; this includes asking your customers what kind of applications they would like to see from your business.
2. Make Sure Your App Solves a Problem – Prior to coming up with an application idea, make a list of problems that your app could solve for your local target audience. Basically, think more like a customer and less like a business owner. People are attracted to apps that can entertain them or help them perform certain tasks. Just be sure that your app is “useful” and can provide a ton of value to your customers.
3. Keep Your Budget in Mind – Creating mobile apps can range drastically in price depending on the type of features and functionality you’re looking for. Discuss everything you want your app to accomplish with your designer before you start the project so you can have a clear, laid out budget.
4. Make Your App Visually Appealing – After coming up with ideas and a plan for developing your app, it is important that you create an icon that will attract and invite mobile users to use it. It’s human nature; people are naturally drawn to attractive and interesting things in all walks of life. A nice looking icon will pull your audience in to find out what lies behind this awesome app icon.
5. Use Loading Indicators – Sometimes, it takes a few seconds for apps to load. But if you allow a blank screen to show on the phone while your app is loading, you could lose your audience. It’s extremely frustrating when mobile users think your app isn’t working just because it’s loading on a blank screen. Therefore, make your app more user-friendly by including a “loading indicator” that lets them know that your app is loading.
6. Offer Special Promotions to App Users – One important feature to keep in mind is that in order for your sales to increase, you will have to create a feature in your app that rewards users who utilize the app. By offering discounts, special deals, freebies and anything along those lines, you will convert them from one-time shoppers to loyal customers as you increase your sales and profits.
7. Make Your App Social Media-Friendly – An application that includes social media engagement is preferred. This is because your audience will be able to connect with you via popular social media sites right from your app. This way, your app can work in your favor as you build a strong social media presence while promoting your brand
8. Make Your App Interesting and Irresistible – When planning the development of your app, be sure to think outside the box and not make it simply a smaller version of your website. Instead, make it an interesting tool that your customers can use for many different purposes. Give your customers a little something “extra” with your app to make them want to use it often.
9. Make Your App Easily Shareable – If you have a great app, your users will want to share it with their friends, family and colleagues. Essentially, this is “free” advertising for you. Help your app users easily spread the word about your business by integrating a sharing tool in your app.
10. Keep it Simple – When users download your app, the last thing you want is for them to be confused about what they need to do to start using it. Your app design should focus on providing the best experience for your users. So, when designing your application, be sure to keep it simple if you want it to gain popularity with your mobile audience.
Mobile applications are becoming more and more popular everyday due to the massive amount of mobile usage amongst consumers. Therefore, if you are looking to keep your local audience engaged via their mobile devices, your mobile app has to be professional and thoroughly planned out for the best results. Otherwise, it could be a complete waste of your time.
Need some assistance designing and/or managing your mobile application development?
We specialize in helping local businesses here in the Treasure Coast Fl area connect with local consumers by establishing a strong mobile presence. Contact us at (772) 979-3652 for a free, no obligation consultation!